Optimizing your Semplice site for SEO is easy, thanks to our Yoast integration. This guide shows you how to edit your page titles, descriptions and social share image straight from Semplice.
Installing and Activating Yoast SEO
If you don't already have Yoast SEO installed, here are two ways to install it:
- Download it from their site.
- Go to Wordpress Admin > Plugins > Search plugins > Yoast SEO > Install Now > Activate
Editing SEO settings within Semplice
Once Yoast is activated, you can edit your SEO content straight within Semplice, including:
- Title and Description that displays in Google Search Results
- Facebook Share Image, Title, and Description
- Twitter Share Image, Title, and Description
Editing Titles and Descriptions
You can edit titles and descriptions for your page and social share images by clicking directly into the preview text.
Adding Facebook and Twitter share graphics
Create your share graphic and export as a JPEG format, in the following dimensions:
Facebook: 1200px by 630px
Twitter: 1024px by 512px
Click on Facebook and Twitter image placeholder and add your image by dragging and dropping it into your Media Library.
If your share image is not updating correctly, check the following:
- Ensure your share images are the correct dimensions listed (Facebook = 1200x630, Twitter = 1024x512) and in JPEG format.
- Make sure your browser is not caching a previous version. You can use the Facebook and Twitter debugger tools to test if your image is set correctly.
- Try setting the share images in the Pages area of Wordpress. Select any page and look for the 'Social' tab under the Yoast plugin options in the page settings.
If the issue is still persisting, it may be an issue with your Yoast SEO plugin settings. In this case, we recommend getting in touch with Yoast directly for further assistance.